I am trying to become a vegetarian. Yes, you heard it correctly, trying to become a vegetarian. While being a vegetarian isn’t for everyone, it seems it would be too hard, if you don’t have the willpower.
I don’t know why I m trying to become vegetarian.Actually, the idea of becoming a vegetarian was my husband’s. He wanted to quit non-veg, but for me, it’s quite tough to quit non-veg. He didn’t force me but I am willing to be a vegetarian, not totally but a lacto-ovo vegetarian.
You must be thinking what is a lacto-ovo vegetarian?
A lacto-ovo vegetarian eats dairy products and eggs but excludes meat, fish, and poultry. Yes, I love to eat eggs at-least in breakfast and some time in dinner also(trying to tell the truth).
There’s no argument that a plant-based diet is a healthy one. Eating less meat is linked with protection from heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, and colorectal cancer. Vegetarian diets can also help lower elevated blood cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels.
- Start with the familiar plant-based meals.: To start, introduce plant-based meals on a regular basis by instituting a “meatless day.” Increase your weekly target for plant-based days. Identify those you are already eating and rotate them into your menu more often.
- Rethink your plate: If meat, poultry or fish make up the balance of your meal, downsize its importance. Three-quarters of your plate should be filled with plant foods like grains, legumes, vegetables, and fruit.
- Give meals a makeover.: Instead of serving butter chicken or mutton curry with rice or chapati.Serve navratna korma with a naan, or try Kadai paneer instead of meat. Replace mutton in a chili recipe with extra beans.If cheese and tomato sandwiches are regular fares, swap the cheese for extra vegetables like cucumber and sprouts and spread with hummus (chickpea spread).I am trying these recipes so shared with you. all you can try a different recipe and also let me know by commenting below.Actually right now I am craving sweets and meets a lot so.
- Look beyond milk.: Use a milk alternative made from soybeans, brown rice, almonds, oats any place you’d normally, use dairy milk over cereal, in smoothies and protein shakes, in muffin recipes, in cream-style soups and in coffee and tea.Keep in mind, however, that only soy beverages are a good source of protein providing eight to nine grams per one-cup serving. Rice, almond, hemp and oat beverages contain much less protein, usually no more than two grams per cup.
- Eat plant-based snacks. For a midday energy boost, reach for fruit and nuts, raw vegetables and hummus, whole grain crackers with almond butter, instant bean soup, a soy smoothie or a vegan energy bar such a Larabar, Kind Bar and Vega Vibrancy Bar.
- Have fun. don’t become restrictive, grueling ordeal vegetarian. If you feel like you’re depriving yourself, you won’t last long. But if you feel like you’re doing something good, and trying out some great-tasting food, you’ll stick with it for much longer (for life, I hope). Have a great time along the way.
Why Become a Vegetarian?
Again, let me state that vegetarianism isn’t for everyone.If you are really willing to do then you can go a long way.otherwise you can be distracted if you see something yummy on meat.
Ok, let me tell you why I am becoming vegetarian, only because I want to lose weight and have a healthy lifestyle.
There are some other benefits also.:-
- Help you in weight loss: If you’re trying to lose weight, being a vegetarian can be a good part of your program.
- Help the environment: help in reducing green house gas to save our earth.I think it’s a big job saving an environment.give me congratulation, I am becoming a part of green revolution.yea…..
- Enjoy a healthy lifestyle: In general, vegetarians replace meat with more nutritious foods, such as fruits, vegetables, beans, whole grains, and so on. If you do that, you will be getting more of the nutrients your body needs, giving you better health, less illness, and more energy.
- Reduce the suffering of animals: you probably don’t want to hear about the horrific treatment of animals that are raised for food, even before they are slaughtered for our benefit. Give a relief from pain.
- Cut the fat: While meat provides a lot of protein, it also provides a ton of fat — especially saturated fat. Which means that by cutting out meat, you’ll be cutting out a lot of bad fat, and replacing it with things that are probably not only lower in fat, but that contain some good fats. This greatly reduces your risk of heart disease. In fact, numerous studies have shown that vegetarians tend to have a lower risk of heart disease, as well as hypertension, diabetes, cancer and other diseases.
Hope this article will be helpful for you if you are trying to be a vegetarian. If you want to give me any suggestion, do comment below. I will love to read.