Trying to Become a Vegetarian
I am trying to become a vegetarian. Yes, you heard it correctly, trying to become a vegetarian. While being a vegetarian isn’t for everyone, it seems it would be too hard, if you don’t have the willpower.
I don’t know why I m trying to become vegetarian. Actually, the idea of becoming a vegetarian was my husband’s. He wanted to quit non-veg, but for me, it’s quite tough to quit non-veg. He didn’t force me but I am willing to be a vegetarian, not totally but a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian.
You must be thinking what is a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian?
A Lacto-ovo vegetarians the one who eats eggs and milk products but does not eat any kind of meat or any animal like fish, mutton or beef and even chicken.
Yes, I love to eat eggs at-least in breakfast and some time in dinner also(trying to tell the truth).
As we all know that a plant-based diet is more healthy than any other diet food.
Eating less meat is linked with protection from heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, and colorectal cancer. Vegetarian diets can also help lower elevated blood cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels.
Nowadays I am trying to do some changes in my diet as its very hard to quit non-veg suddenly.
Trying to Become a Vegetarian: Steps to follow:-
These are the small steps that I started slowly using it in my daily life.
- it’s better to start with easy food which is familiar to you: For example, if you are eating cucumber do include it in your daily diet as a salad or if you love to have some vegetable juice do that. Just pick easy vegetables that you love to eat them on a regular basis.
- make your plate look attractive: try to include more veggies than other food. Like, take half of your food filled with veggies and another half as non-veg. as eating more veggies helps to fill the stomach easily and then you will eat less non-veg.
- Give meals a makeover.: Instead of serving butter chicken or mutton curry with rice or chapati. Serve navratna korma with naan, or try Kadai paneer instead of meat. Replace mutton in a chili recipe with extra beans. If cheese and tomato sandwiches are regular fares, swap the cheese for extra vegetables like cucumber and sprouts and spread with hummus (chickpea spread).I am trying these recipes so shared with you. all you can try a different recipe and also let me know by commenting below. Actually right now I am craving sweets and meets a lot so.
- Don’t stick only to milk.: try to find something new over milk like soya milk.
- ideas for snacks. there are lots of options for snacks. try to find some best cookies made of whole grains or oats. And even its better to make nuts as your snacks. Nuts are filled with good oil which helps the body to reduce toxins and cleanse the body from deep inside.
- don’t be restrictive.: if you think you don’t have anything to eat other than veggies then you cant be able to make it a long way being vegetarian. Always play with color and try new veggies that you must have not tried till today. It’s always better to change your diet or plan a perfect diet for a week doesn’t repeat the same food daily.
Why Become a Vegetarian?
If you are really willing to do then you can go a long way. otherwise, you can be distracted if you see something yummy on meat. it’s not easy to become a vegetarian just the day after your thought. trust me guys this really happened to me.
Ok, let me tell you why I am becoming a vegetarian, only because I want to lose weight and have a healthy lifestyle.
Hope this article will be helpful for you if you are trying to be a vegetarian. If you want to give me any suggestions, do comment below. I will love to read.