Monsoon has already arrived in India. It’s time to take care of our skin. It bringing lots of grace and greenery to our environment, which is normally accompanied by humidity. Thus skin needs special attention.
Here are some tips and tricks to maintain the skin making you look more beautiful, so let’s get started.
Tips and tricks to maintain the skin in monsoon:
- Always cleanse your face at least twice a day with a good cleanser.A good cleanser plays a very important role, depending on your skin type i.e, soap-free cleanser for dry skin and salicylic acid (to help unclog pores) or benzoyl peroxide (to help kill bacteria) as active ingredients for oily skin.
- A toner is a must during the monsoon, as it refreshes skin and shrinks pores preventing any monsoon breakouts.Use always a natural toner which must be alcohol-free, these help to maintain the ph balance of your skin and keep it fresh.
- Humidity can dehydrate the skin and make it look dull. A moisturizer is essential to protect the natural oils on your skin.Use a lightweight moisturizer which will repair your skin and make it nongreasy.
- Exfoliation is the most important step as it involves the removal of the dead cells on the skin’s outermost surface.Exfoliate at least two-three times a week.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen, adding sunblock to your morning regime feels like protecting your face from UVA and UVB rays.Use a good quality sunscreen that does not wash off easily.
- Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water to keep yourself hydrated.Water helps to detox and keeps us moisturized naturally.The better you feel from the inside, the better your skin will appear.
- Due to the moisture in the air, fungus and bacteria spread easily, leads to infection.Always keep an anti-fungal talc powder to keep infection at bay.
- pamper your skin with a home spa using natural ingredients, make face-packs of it. Fuller earth and rose water is the best face pack for oily skin and gram flour, honey, yogurt for dry skin.
- Avoid using heavy makeup as it can clog your pores & makes a breeding ground for bacteria. It will make skin prone to breakouts of acne.
- Use warm water instead of cold water to clean the face after coming home from outside.
- Do let your feet breathe. Wearing closed footwear will make your feet sweat, which in turn will lead to fungal and bacterial infections. Instead, wear waterproof footwear like sandals and floaters.
Let me know if you have any more tips and tricks for monsoons in the comments down below.
Did you find it useful, if yes let me know by commenting on my post.